Thursday, February 01, 2007

Decatur, AL Chamber of Commerce PSA

Relative to my planned trip to Decatur, Alabama next week, JR asked me yesterday whether there was a band of some relevance that Decatur produced. After confirming that R.E.M. was in fact from Athens, Georgia, I wanted to update the discussion.

As best I can tell, no musical group / band of consequence hails from Decatur. However, I thought you might be interested to know that Decatur did produce Mae Jemison (the first black woman in space), famed Disney actor Dean Jones, and San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers. Wikipedia is the bomb.

On the topic of bands that come from towns where my company has power plants, I did confirm that Local H is from Zion, Illinois.

1 comment:

Levander Williams said...

Not sure what the comment that was posted said, but it came through as some sort of spam-like invitation to upgrade my Mozilla software.