Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A New Leaf

Levander is turning over a new leaf.

METRO has opened a new Park & Ride near my house, which has presented me with a quandary. The new location is less than two miles from Casa de Williams, so I can make the trip from sitting in my kitchen to sitting on the bus in less than 10 minutes, which improves significantly on my previous pre-commute of about 25 minutes to reach the old lot. All good, right?

Unfortunately, the HOV lane doesn’t extend far enough out to allow my bus to bypass a big chunk of the traffic on 290, so with the new Park & Ride I’m forced to sit on the bus in traffic for 25 minutes or so until it reaches the HOV entrance.

Fork in the road – drive farther and catch the bus that gets right on, or drive less and sit in traffic? Decisions. Choices. Options. Conundrums.

I digress.

Considering the ability to save gas, limit the amount of miles that I put on “Nick” (my kids’ chosen name for the new ride), and the ability to operate “hands-free” for the first half-hour of my daily commute, I’ve elected to stick with the new Park & Ride. The other – and hopefully you’ll agree – significant benefit is that I should have some dedicated time to contribute to the blog. So, in the spirit of the Cingular commercial (excuse the cheese), I’m “raising the bar”. Feel free to groan, roll eyes, etc. I’m hopeful this arrangement will lend itself to more frequent posts, and maybe some that aren’t so cumbersome.

Now if I can just get JR to remember the link to 4conguys. Geez, man.

No comments: